Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Perfect Saturday

Saturday was a fun day. My music class was canceled, so I did not get up that early. After my family was ready, we went to an event at a church.

We went to the church because there was this event to prepare our family in case of a natural disaster. There were booths, and they talked about what we can do in case something happens, and they gave us papers with information on them. 

My favorite booth was called "Learn CPR and Save a Life". My family all learned how to do CPR. A police officer taught us CPR. We had fake people on the ground, and we practiced on them. First, you put a hand on top of the other, and then put your fingers through the other hand's fingers. Then, you press on their chest with the bottom part of your palm. You need to do this until they move, or until help arrives. For babies, you face them towards you, and put your hands around them. With your two thumbs, you press on their chest.  This is very useful to know.

A booth was run by teenagers. They had Mason jars, and inside the jars, there were ingredients to make soup. They had about four different types of recipes. They also had this food that will not expire for five years. This food is in a yellow package, and it is especially made for disasters. This food tastes like sweet bread, and it will not make you thirsty. It is for six people. Of course, we bought one!

The last place we went to was the kid's fun zone. My little sister went to the face painting section, while my older sister and I drew with the markers they gave us.  After a while, we left, and my little sister was a cat! They let us keep our markers, too!

We left the church at about 2:00. We went to Yogurtland, next. My older sister saw a sign that said if you spent more than $15, you get a cool spoon. We got one, since we spent $19. The spoon was a giant one!

We went to Ralphs after, and bought some groceries. At the exit, there was a Redbox. You can rent movies and games from a Redbox. My dad rented two movies, Boss Baby, and Storks. My little sister picked Storks, and I picked Boss Baby. I was going to pick a horror movie, but I wanted to see Boss Baby since MARCH!

We had hot dogs for dinner, and we ate them while we saw the movies. My favorite movie was Boss Baby.

Today we had a lot of fun, and I hope we have this much fun again!

This is the food that is for six people. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow your church is very helpful because they teach you what to do if there is a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I thought the food thing was cool!

      Delete