Monday, October 2, 2017

My Favorite Mexican Foods


My family eats a lot of Mexican food, and I LOVE it! My favorite food are tamales! For Christmas and special occasions, my mom makes Tamales. But, she makes them big, so one tamale fills me up good! I really like the tamales, because she makes the sauce, and puts in boneless chicken. I only like my mom's tamales, because the red sauce she makes is super delicioso!

My second favorite food is Mole. Mole is like a black sauce. My mom buys a red mole sauce and black mole sauce. She mixes them together, and it turns brownish. She does something to it, and then she makes white rice and chicken. The Mole is a little bit spicy, but I still love it! (The mole sauce has nothing to do with the animal that is called a mole!)

I also like Tlayudas. A Tlayuda is really delicious. It is like a tortilla, but is crunchy, and very big!  You have to warm up the Tlayuda, like a tortilla. You can even put the whole thing on the grill, once it is finished! On the Tlayuda, you put beans that are blended. On top of the beans, you put Quesillo. Quesillo is a cheese, that is like string cheese, but it tastes a little bit different. The cheese has to be cut into strands, and you have to make those strand even thinner. You have to do this because Quesillo come in a round ball of cheese. You can call Quesillo Oaxaca Cheese, since it comes from there. On top of the cheese you put shredded cabbage. You can also put lettuce, if you don't like cabbage. You can stop here, if you want. But, you can make it even better! You can put Chorizo (pig meat) in it, or Tasajo. These are both meats, and they add a great taste to a Tlayuda!

My fourth favorite food is grilled chicken and Carne Asada. Carne Asada and the chicken are put on a grill. The chicken is the color orange, but when my dad grills it, it sometimes gets a little burnt! You eat it with orange rice and blended beans. Sometimes I make myself a taco with these ingredients!

I have a lot of favorite Mexican foods, but these are my most favorites!


My mom puts vegetables in the orange rice. 
This is Carne Asada.

3 comments:

  1. I love Mole too. The Carne Asada looks really good and same with the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carne Asada tacos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete