Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My First Day At Horticulture Club

Today was my first day at garden club. After school, I stayed in my classroom, and we waited for other people to come. About 15 Classtopians came to the club. My little sister came, too. There were a few kids from another class that joined us. Once everyone was here, we started. First, we introduced ourselves to everyone, especially the new people we did not know. We said our names, and the reason we were here. After that, we got our journals. We were going to take notes in these.

We visited all of our gardens. We talked about what we needed to do. On Saturday, some volunteers cleaned up an area, or they mostly cleared up an area. There were a little bit of weeds left, but we would take care of those later. We started thinking about what we would put in that area. Maybe we would mount Orchids on the trees.

Then, we watered a garden. We wet the leaves (fronds) of a GIGANTIC fern. It was not extremely big, but it was the most biggest fern I have ever seen! This is a gift from our friend "The".

While  we were in a garden, my mom came to pick me up. I left at about 3:45, so there was still time left, but that was fine. I wonder what will happen next week at the club.
This is my journal



3 comments:

  1. I wonder what we will do next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Horticulture Club, does sound fun!! I wish I can go, but I can't because I have things to do.

    ReplyDelete