Friday, March 9, 2018

NBA JR. For A Day

On Friday we went to the Convention Center. Not everyone though, the only ones that went were Lindsay, Nathaniel, Jesse, Elizabeth, Aiden, Brianna, Katherine, Kylie, and I. We went because we have been student of the month. The kids that went had to be in grades 3-5. Every one was split into groups. Our class was in the same group together. It did not take us long to get there. What were we going to do there? To go see some NBA basketball.

The first thing we did was go watch some basketball players practice. They were going to have a game that night or the next day. They had to divide the players into 2 teams, team 1 and team 2. Each team had to make as many baskets from half court in 1 minute. Team 1 made 6 and team to made 7. For the end of their practice they put little things that looked like ramps so the plays could do tricks while making a basket. 1 or 2 of them did back flips and actually made it. Just as another team was coming to practice the team mascot came to the bleachers were we sat. He greeted all of the younger kids. After that we had to go eat. I actually kind of wanted to go because we sat so high up. We sat at the top of the all the bleachers. Every time I looked down I got scared. I AM SCARED OF HEIGHTS. That was something I did not know about myself until Friday.

I thought it was the school that was going to provide food but no. It was the convention center. The food was really good. We had a choice of pizza or chicken fingers. I choose chicken fingers because it looked good. The lady gave us a tray and our food next we choose want to drink. We could get Spite or orange soda. I could not believe that we got to drink soda. I choose Sprite. Then we choose between oranges of pears. I do not really like pears so I choose an orange. After I got my food I went to the tables. Lindsay came and sat with me. She had chosen pizza. The pizza was a small one with 4 slices with a soda.

Then we went to a room with many small basketball courts. We sat down and listened to the man speaking. We saw 2 actors from the movie Stranger Things. After that we were assigned coaches and practiced basketball. They were just the basics. Since I know basketball it was simple. I do those practice in basketball. Every single team has to do it in the first practice of the season. The only thing that could not do is shoot I am not good at shooting during the games. I could not shoot there either because I am not used to that place.

After we were called to our seats we met NBA all stars and 1 WNBA all star. We also met the Black Panther. That was unfortunately the end of our day. It is a day I will always remember. It was the best time ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment